Friday, September 21, 2007

Beautiful

Duration: 06:01 minutes
Upload Time: 07-08-27 13:40:27
User: Lingacreations
:::: Favorites
:::: Top Videos of Day
Description:

This is a film I made in my first year at film school. The sound quality is not very good, but you can get the meaning behind it all the same. The concept came from this idea that we can take a knife to ourselves and shape our own bodies. The woman in the film imagines she is shaping herself a new image by cutting away at her imperfections. In her mind her body is like clay that can be carved. She ends up killing herself in the process. Sometimes I think we become so consumed by our image and what we are 'supposed' to look like and be that we become blinded by how much we are actually harming ourselves. What is beautiful really?

Comments

withafierceness ::: Favorites
I struggle with the supposed to all the time. Thought provoking video. Good work.
07-09-08 09:15:35
__________________________________________________
nessj17 ::: Favorites
Oh my god.. That was so disturbing... But, as having an eating disorder myself, This is very powerful... There have been times when I have just wanted to carve the fat away so much so that I've cut at my "problem areas" This film has hit me hard in un-explainable ways.
07-08-28 00:48:19
__________________________________________________
Lingacreations ::: Favorites
Thank you so much for your beautiful comment. Your honesty and openness really mean so much to me. It's taken me a long time in my own life to be able to take a step back and see how distorted this world has become when it comes to things like 'beauty' and how much I allow myself to be influenced by the media on the subject. When it comes to beauty how many of us truly have a pure and open view? I don't know.
07-08-28 05:24:30
__________________________________________________

No comments: